<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by P McGinty on 19-Jun-01 07:50 (server time).</FONT></P>Using Wn NT 4.0; Outlook&Word 2000 Version 1 - not SR1 or SR1a. We are customizing Word2000 for a rollout to test group.
Today we discovered that when a mail merge is done using Contacts, if there is no information in one of the fields it prints a line with this in it: "-- --". There is indeed an option to not print blank lines when data fields are empty - but this is not the case: the blank line prints with the "-- --" in it.

I could not find any information in the MS KB regarding this bug. Has anyone else encountered this? I know that one of Woody's newsletters covered Word2000 and I have a vague recollection that one of his 'diagnostic' pieces regarding Word2000 mentioned bugs repaired with SR1/Sr1A - with a warning to stay away from SR2: again I tried a search of the archives today at the office today but the 'page was not available/not found" - could not locate anything. Checked out Charles' K's "addbalance" and the mvp sites but no joy.

This is somewhat urgent as we're looking to do the rollout this week. Any input is welcome. TIA