Lounger
    Thanks

Formulas with previous workbook references (excel 2000)

I want to get a worksheet from one workbook to another, but I do not want the old workbook name in the formulas.

Here is an example of a formula before I copy a sheet:

=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(INDEX(Values!$C$2:$C$115,MATCH ($A4,Values!$A$2:$A$115,0)),HTData!$A$2:$BA$46,3,0 )),"0",(VLOOKUP(INDEX(Values!$C$2:$C$115,MATCH($A4 ,Values!$A$2:$A$115,0)),HTData!$A$2:$BA$46,3,0)))/86400

and after I paste it into a different workbook:

=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(INDEX('[IAMProd-MTD.xls]Values'!$C$2:$C$115,MATCH($A4,'[IAMProd-MTD.xls]Values'!$A$2:$A$115,0)),'[IAMProd-MTD.xls]HTData'!$A$2:$BA$46,3,0)),"0",(VLOOKUP(INDEX('[IAMProd-MTD.xls]Values'!$C$2:$C$115,MATCH($A4,'[IAMProd-MTD.xls]Values'!$A$2:$A$115,0)),'[IAMProd-MTD.xls]HTData'!$A$2:$BA$46,3,0)))/86400

Notice the [IAMProd-MTD.xls].....The formula keeps bringing over the old workbook name, even though it isnt relevant now because I have a related sheet for the formula to reference in my other workbook. . I want to copy the whole sheet because it is extensive with these kinds of formulas, but no matter what I do, it brings over the previous workbooks name as a reference.

How can I copy over sheets that take the formulas as-is so I can plug and play in my new workbook?

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Formulas with previous workbook references (excel 2000)

Here is what I considered doing- replacing the old workbook reference with a blank using find/replace. I have many sheets, however, and thought there must be a better way.

Thanks

Re: Formulas with previous workbook references (excel 2000)

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by sdckapr on 09-Oct-05 05:21. Added PS)</P>1) you can copy over the sheet with the formulas and at the same time copy over the sheets that it references in the formulas. You get the links, since the formulas you reference in the copied sheet, now refer to cells in another workbook (by design). If you copy them both at the same time, excel knows the links to the other sheet are also going to the new workbook.

2) If you want to copy the formulas in the 1 sheet and not have them linked to the original, but "changed" to link to the new book, copy as you have done the existing sheet (which will create the links). Then go to edit - links <Change Source> and select the current workbook. This will modify all the formula links from the original workbook to the new workbook. [Note: this requires that the sheet names exist in the new workbook]

Steve

PS. You could also use INDIRECT in all your formulas, but I do not recommend this. They will copy over alright, but they will not longer expand/contract if you insert or delete columns or rows. It will also not auto update with changed sheet names, etc