Thanks

'ie-spyad2' (IE6 XP SP2)

I have seen a few articles about the ie-spyad2.exe program. The ie-spyad2.exe adds lines like the following to the registry and I would like to know what the actual effect of such addition is.
    "[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentV ersionInternet SettingsZoneMapDomains000info.com]
    "*"=dword:00000004"
    Just what does it restrict from the indicated site and why does the site not appear in the "Internet Explorer / Tools / Internet Options / Security / Restricted sites" listings

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: 'ie-spyad2' (IE6 XP SP2)

Resources: Ad Blocking Resources explains that sites blocked by ie-spyad2 may not be displayed in the restricted sites list by Internet Explorer because of the way ie-spyad2 works (as opposed to ie-spyad).

The value 4 corresponds to the Restricted Sites zone:

<table border=1><td>Value</td><td>[/b]Zone[/b]</td><td align=right>0</td><td>My Computer</td><td align=right>1</td><td>Local Intranet Zone</td><td align=right>2</td><td>Trusted sites Zone</td><td align=right>3</td><td>Internet Zone</td><td align=right>4</td><td>Restricted Sites Zone</td></table>

You specify what sites in the restricted zone are allowed to do in the Security tab of Tools | Internet Options...

See Description of Internet Explorer security zones registry entries for an extensive description.