Thanks

Security Settings Transfer (IE6 XP SP2)

I am running multiply (4) computer here ate home and wonder if there is any ay to Clone / Transfer the security settings for Internet Explorer between these computers.
    I am most interested in the communizing of the Custom Security Levels configuration, as well as the Approved and Restricted Sties configuration.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

Re: Security Settings Transfer (IE6 XP SP2)

Joe

Thanks

Re: Security Settings Transfer (IE6 XP SP2)

You can export and import the list of restricted sites (as well as trusted sites), and probably other relevant keys, from the registry. This will "replace" the target user's settings, so of course you would want to make all changes on the master user, taking into account anything recorded (and worth saving) in the target user's list(s). See <post#=395089>post 395089</post#> for a script that does the registry export. If you run the script "as is," you can just answer "no" to the dialog about converting the entries over for Firefox.

Added: that export gets the domain lists, but I doubt that it gets all of the other settings. Sorry, no time to identify the relevant part of the registry at present.