Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook on Exchange not retriving mail (Outlook200

Having a problem at work and hoping someone here may have some thoughts. Still using Exchange v5.5 and almost all desktops have Outlook2000. A recent problem popped up on just 2 of 100 users. The desktop Outook no longer automatically will check the server for new emails. For both of these users, their email AP running in minimized window simply no longer checks for new email. It used to!!! (and no changes were intentionally made in Outlook) In both cases the user must switch to the Outlook window and click send/receive. Only then will new email come into the Inbox.
    The only commonality is both are WinXP and Office suite 2000. Different brand of PC. I had hoped to find the cause was a MS patch. But, since I have about 45 other XP users, all patched up to date, I think I can rule out MS patches. I'm stumped.
    Mike Hayes

3 Star Lounger
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks

Re: Outlook on Exchange not retriving mail (Outlook200

Have you checked that they haven't changed their settings in Options so that it doesn't automatically check for messages?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook on Exchange not retriving mail (Outloo

Have you tried creating a new Outlook Profile for the user?

Lounger
    Thanks

I mentioned that this was for Outlook 2000 users at work. That is, Outlook is installed using the "Corporate" version install. This version is a tad different. There are no options for automatically send/recieve. That's my problem.
    As to creating a new profile, again the Corporate version is different. A mailbox is created on the Exchange server and Outlook is installed on the desktop and you point it to the user's mailbox.
    Mike Hayes

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I didn't recall seeing much difference between OL2K and OL203 for profiles. And profiles are managed the same whether you are in either mode.

Control Panel | Mail | Profiles | Add | Prompt for a profile to be used. Start OL and configure the new profile.

That's what I would try, having seen enough squirelly problems like that solved in our environment.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Since you're still on Exchange 5.5, at the same time you're trying <!profile=jhelfer>jhelfer<!/profile>'s suggestion, you could also try setting up new profiles for them on Exchange. HTH
    Gre