Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Importing Public Holidays (2002 SP3)

The Help information for this says "The holiday information provided with Outlook includes calendar years 2001 through 2005."

Has anyone seen anywhere whether this information is to be made available for 2006 onwards?

Thanks!

John
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Importing Public Holidays (2002 SP3)

There's an add-in for Outlook 2000 available from Microsoft that adds public holidays for 2003-2007 (see Outlook 2000 Add-in: Holiday Updates). It seems the holiday list can be used in Outllook 2002 too with some tweaking, see Microsoft Outlook Holiday Issues on the Slipstick site.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, Hans -- one presumes that Microsoft aren't going to provide a more comprehensive update!

John
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The one for Outlook 2000, adding public holidays for the 2003-2007 period, was released in January 2003, so they might still release an update for Outlook 2002... But don't hold your breath.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

I created my own version of OUTLOOK.HOL just for the UK (excluding Northern Ireland), from the data for Bank and Public Holidays in England, Wales and Northern Ireland: 2005-2008, which I am quite willing to supply to Microsoft on request, and following the payment of an appropriate fee!

John

Ita, esto, quidcumque...

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for highlighting this John. I did a quick search for outlook.hol and opened it up in notepad. It seems to be just a matter of adding to the list of dates as they come in this format:
    <pre>Boxing Day,2001/12/26
    Boxing Day,2002/12/26
    Boxing Day,2003/12/26
    Boxing Day,2004/12/26
    Boxing Day,2005/12/26</pre>

Just before I do this, is this the way you updated your HOL file?
    Jerry

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

John

In the interim period I created an extra holiday in my Outlook.hol file like so:

Test Holiday,2005/10/17

Under the UK heading in the file. I reset my calendar option and the date was displayed on my screen
    Jerry

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

The import program is Not Very Bright and will quite merrily add in again the holidays you added on a previous occasion, so you could get two copies of every public holiday from 2001-2005 inclusive! It also cannot count, and the number following [United Kingdom] has to be set to the total number of UK holidays in your (new) list.

I deleted everything from the [United Kingdom] section of the file for 2001-2005 and started again with New Year's Day 2006. I also gave the holidays their corrected names, according to my Official Reference, and sorted them all into alphabetical order (I don't know if that is necessary, but I did it anyway...). And remembered to add in the number of holidays in the list!

John

Ita, esto, quidcumque...