4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Selecting Folder Opens Search Pane

I am using WinXP and tonight when I click on a folder in the RIGHT pane in Explorer a Search pane opens instead of the folder expanding. The only thing I was messing with was adding "New Folder" to the right-click menu - and I did it incorrectly the first few times. I typed the "action to perform" wrong and a command window opened and closed without creating a new folder. I figured it out and deleted the New Folder DWord in the registry - until I got it right. Later I realized I couldn't navigate folders in the right pane. I don't think this searching has anything to do with my "New Folder" attemps as I double checked the registry entries on my other pc with this one and all is the same. Do you have any idea why I can't navigate in the right pane of Windows Explorer or what I can troubleshoot?

TIA
    <font face="Comic Sans MS"><big><font color=4682b4>Sherry</font color=4682b4></big></font face=comic>

Thanks

Re: Selecting Folder Opens Search Pane

<!mskb=321186>Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 321186<!/mskb> may have the solution.
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Selecting Folder Opens Search Pane

Thanks John, that fixed it!
    <font face="Comic Sans MS"><big><font color=4682b4>Sherry</font color=4682b4></big></font face=comic>