Lounger
    Thanks

Delivery into a pst file

I was wondering if this was a possibility in Outlook 2k SR-1:
    My company uses pst s, but there is a particular sender whose messages I need to stay on the server in order to have access to them through Outlook web access. Is there a way that I can set up one sender to stay in my server inbox, while allowing others to be delivered into my pst?
    Thanks in advance for the help.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Delivery into a pst file

it can be changed from the user's machine. tools > services > exchange acct > delivery tab. set it to the mailbox instead of the pst.

Lounger
    Thanks

I am not sure if I did not make myself clear, but there is only one sender whose emails I do not want delivered into the pst. If I change things in services, the whole lot of them change. Are you telling me it is not possible?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

walk over to his machine and make the change...

Lounger
    Thanks

OK, now I know I am not being. Here is an example:
    All of my emails are delivered into my personal folders. I want only emails sent to me by joe@acme.com to stay on the server, so that I can have remote access to them. So, if a message comes from steve@acme.com, I want it to be delivered into my pst, b/c I do not need remote access to his email, and want to keep the server drive clear of his messages. Only messages by one sender, joe@acme.com, need to stay on the server. Can that be done? Sorry about all the confusion.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

I think you are really not understanding what he wants to do. If I look at what you suggested, I can not find any way for him to send some mail to the .pst and leave some on the server.
    Legare Coleman

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

no, that can't be done. it's all or nothing. once the pst is set as delivery, the mailbox is only used for holding mail till outlook is opened and it's delivered to the pst.

Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you for all your input. I appreciate all the effort.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Can't you set up a rule to move messages from your personal folders to the inbox of your exchange mailbox
    I am not sure whether this can work.....

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

You don't say if you are using Exchange and corporate Outlook, but if you are, here's what you could do.
    1. <LI>Amend your Outlook profile so all mail is delivered to your mailbox.
      <LI>Set up a rule which acts on all incoming mail to move it to a folder in the .pst file, but set an exception to the rule for joe@acme.com. This will divert all incoming mail to the .pst except joe's mail which will stay on the server Inbox
      <LI>If you need incoming mail to be sorted into folders in the .pst file, you will have to set up more sophisticated rules to divert incoming server mail to the relevant folder.
    On the other hand, you could sort the mail in the .pst folder, select all of joe's mail using click|shift and click and then Move to folder feature to shove it all back in to a folder (not Inbox) on the server (don't put it back into Inbox because, if the profile is set to deliver to the .pst file, it will just get moved back again!).
    HTH
    Silverback