Star Lounger
    Thanks

Advanced Find of shared folders (2003)

I am using Outlook 2003 with Exchange. I have Reviewer permissions to a colleagues set of folders they have created, so I can view the contents of their folders. However, using Advanced Find I am unable to search on more than one of their folders at a time. I go into Tools, Find, Advanced Find, click the Browse button, select one folder, then select another and get the message 'The folder you selected does not let you search other folders at the the same time. To search other folders, clear the check box next to this folder.'

Can anybody else confirm they get this message or is it just particular to our set-up? And does anybody know if you can switch off or get round this 'feature'!

Thanks, Laurie

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Advanced Find of shared folders (2003)

Advanced Search is limited to one Information Store at a time, so if these shared folders reside on different information stores you are out of luck. If some or all of them are on a single Information Store, you could start you search closer to the folder root ... if you have permission to start there.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Star Lounger
    Thanks

I think they are all in the same Information Store. I can see my colleagues Inbox, and there is a whole list of sub-folders of their Inbox, all within their Mailbox which is displayed in my folder list.

I can search the folders individually, but I can't search multiple folders at the same time.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry, an Information Store is a PST, a Server Mailbox, or Public Folders - and maybe some others I don't know about. Advanced Search doesn't cross multiple Information Stores, so unless your colleagues have a shared mailbox, I think you are out of luck, becuase they will each represent separate Information Stores.

(It always annoys me that I can't search my server mailbox and my PST at the same time.)

Afterthought - you are on Outlook 2003 - see if you can create a SearchFolder for each Folder that you want to select, and then a 'master' SearchFolder on those SearchFolders.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi,

The folders are definitely all contained within 1 information store. The Save Search As Search Folder command is greyed out (although I can choose Save Search).

Rgds, Laurie