Lounger
    Thanks

calculator launches everytime (XP)

A very wierd thing started happening this morning. Everytime I open windows explorer OR Internet Explorer the Calculator program also launches. It doesn,t seem to happen when any other programs are opened, but happens everytime when explorer opens.
    Any Ideas???
    thanks,
    --Tim

Thanks

Re: calculator launches everytime (XP)

Tim,
    That's strange indeed.
    Have you tried to go to Control Panel>Add|Remove Programs>addRemove WIndows Components and remove the Calculator?
    Reboot and see what happens. I don't use the built in calculator in WIndows at all, so don't know if it have the desired effect or not but worth a try.
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: calculator launches everytime (XP)

If you haven't already done so, would you try opening Windows Explorer using the WinKey-E keyboard combo to see if it also happens that way? It's been quite awhile, but if you search this forum you'll find that there have been a few instances of people having a similar problem, including me! In my case it was a McAfee window and other people had the System32 folder window opening. Maybe there isn't a connection, but searching around by trial-and-error at the list of startups in MSCONFIG might find the culprit. It may take several sessions of "unclicking" and rebooting to see if you can make it stop. It's a pain but at least it's non-destructive, that is you can keep track of what you de-select and later turn them back on if appropriate.