3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

rename control in the subform (Access 2000)

In my subform i have controls which i want to rename but i
    do not want to change the real names of the fields in the
    tables,nor add the name to the Caption in the field of the
    table.Is it possible ?
    For example, in the table [Order details] i have a field called Quantity.I want to rename it to Pieces.I want to do it in the subform,and not in the table itself, where i might have written the word Pieces in the field Caption.I have tried to rename the field from the main form but i did not succeed. The problem is that the subfom is in a datasheet format and i cannot just rename the control.Is it impossible to do so ?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: rename control in the subform (Access 2000)

You must have a label that is attached to the text box bound to the Quantity field, and set the Caption of the label to Pieces.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Actually i have a new question and this is to change the name of the control in the subform by adding the name in the caption field in the table.In fmy first question i intended to avoid that.After i have put the caption, the new name appears in the query, but does not appear in the subform.The subform looks unchanged.
    Thank you

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

What exactly do you mean by "the name of the control"?
    (a) The Name property of the control as shown in the Other tab of the Properties window
    or
    ([img]/forums/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img] The column header in the datasheet subform

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I mean the Name property.i am sending the database.It is probably an impossible task.i want to preserve the name of the control to be "quantity", but i want on the subfrom to appear the name of the caption "pieces",i have put in the table oder details.
    regards

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The question is basically the same as the first one in this thread. Here is a step by step instruction:

- Open 'Forder details extended' in design view.
    - Put a label on the form, and type "pieces" (without the quotes) as caption.
    - With the label still selected, press Ctrl+X to cut the label to the clipboard.
    - Click on the quantity text box to select it.
    - Press Ctrl+V to paste the label, it will now be attached to the quantity text box.

Note: The label will probably overlap with some of the text boxes. That doesn't matter, since the form is displayed in datasheet view. The column heading should now be 'pieces' instead of 'quantity'.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I have renamed all the controls suceffully and i am grateful for that. Without your step by step instruction i would not have been able to do that.

kind regards