2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Control Tips (Access2000/Access 2003)

Okay I use Control Tips for Help on Buttons. When I created some Access applications on my Windows 98 machine using Access 2000 I could use the numeric keyboard with the Alt key an make new lines when I keyed a 10. I liked it as it let me make nice help boxes. Now when I moved the applications to my Windows XP system and used Access 2003 I have a problem. All of my Control Tips still show as a box, but if I added more text or tried to create new Control Tips keying a 10 on the numeric keypad while depressing the alt key, creates the hex 10. However, this hex 10 does not produce a new line in the Control Tip. Also there is a hex 10 character showing. While on the 98 machine never showed any character. The hex 10 from the 98 machine do not show on the XP machine, but create new lines. Does any one first know what is happening and is there any way to cause a new line in Access 2003 on a XP machine?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Control Tips (Access2000/Access 2003)

Use Ctrl+Enter or Alt+0010 (on the numeric keypad) to insert a line break within control tip text, or in the caption of a label, etc.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Control Tips (Access2000/Access 2003)

Hi Hans,
    Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!!!!! I have been hitting my head against the wall for longer then I care to admit to. I have about 15 Access books and they were no help. I tried Microsoft help, but I find the help for 2003 of little help. I usually go back to help in 2000, as it does help many times. Once again THANK YOU!!!!
    Sarge