Importing Works (wps) file

I have a Works file, not sure what version, that I'm trying to import into Word 2000 Professional (9.0.3821 SR-1). I have the same build of Word on a desktop and a laptop, both running Windows 98 SE. I can read/convert the file on the laptop, but not the desktop.

It seems like there is a conversion file for other versions of Works (Works for Windows 3.0, Works 2000). For some reason, those are listed in the conversion files on the laptop, but not on the desktop, but it seems like it must be one of those versions that's the answer, since the laptop can read the file.

I have tried to install every conversion file that made sense through the Add or Remove Features from the Office set-up menu, then going to Converters and Filters, but there's no option for any version of Works other than 4.0 for Windows. I've also tried downloading and installing a conversions file from Microsoft. None of this works.

Does anyone have a clue as to how to get the proper conversion file to enable me to read this file? I've attached the file in case it might help.

New Lounger

Re: Importing Works (wps) file

Try this file converter Wp2krtf.exe Which can be found at the following url: <A target="_blank" HREF=></A>

Re: Importing Works (wps) file

Thanks, Chuck! That did the trick.