Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook 2002 can't find Word 2002

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q284/9/00.ASP>http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/ar...s/Q284/9/00.ASP</A>

what happens if you open word before opening outlook?

Star Lounger
    Hemel and/or Luton, UK, Hertfordshire, England
    Thanks

Re: Outlook 2002 can't find Word 2002

Mary,

In answer to your query, it makes no difference if Word is running already or not. I get the error either way.

And I have to say I am a little outraged by the info I found in the KB artice you refered me to. I quote...

"RESOLUTION
    Microsoft does not recommend having Office 2000, and Office XP installed on the same computer. To resolve this behavior, uninstall both Office XP and Office 2000, and then only reinstall Office XP. Outlook should function correctly after you reinstall Office XP.

WORKAROUND
    To work around this behavior, disable Word as your e-mail editor in Outlook 2002. "

What kind (other than a typical MS kind) of useless support is this?

I have infront of me the retail box of my Office XP Upgrade and can find no reference on it to an incompatability with Office 2000. Indeed it is an upgrade so by defenition it will often go onto a PC with Office 2000 and in the install proccess it gives me the option of keeping my Office 2000 installed.

I am (amongst other things) an IT Trainer and need to keep as many versions of software on my PC as possible. I hate the fact that I will need to remove 2000 to get 2002 working properly.

Ohhh. that makes me mad.

Thanks for your help, Mary, and I if anyone knows a proper "WORKAROUND" other than just Uninstall 2000 I would be very happy to hear it.

Thanks

Star Lounger
    Hemel and/or Luton, UK, Hertfordshire, England
    Thanks

Outlook 2002 can't find Word 2002

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by fatjon on 21-Jun-01 15:58 (server time).</FONT></P>*** Spelling corrected by FatJon ***

Hi All,

I am using Office XP and have a small problem. Each app works fine on its own, but when I want Outlook to use Word as it's email editor I get an error that says "This form requires Word as your e-mail editor, but word is either busy or cannot be found. The form will be opened in the Outlook editor instead."

I guess this problem has arrisn because I had Office 2000 on the machine when I installed XP and have since removed it.

Any idea how to tell Outlook where Word is?

Thanks