Star Lounger
    Thanks

Reading HTML Messages

I am using Outlook 2000, SR-1. I receive newsletters in HTML format that Outlook 2000 does not format. All I get is a message saying that
    "IF YOU CAN READ THIS, THEN YOU ARE NOT
    USING AN HTML ENABLED MAIL READER"
    and rest of message is HTML codes. I have to save as an HTML document and read via IE.
    I am sure there is a way to configure so that it will format (although I thought OL detected format of incoming messages and handled accordingly) but, as usual, I am having great difficulty finding answer via online help. Can anyone assist?

John McC

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Reading HTML Messages

all html mail and newsletters or just that one?

outlook can handle html, but occassionally the coding is not to standards and outlook doesn't understand it's html. I see it often on spam, rarely on newsletters.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

All HTML messages are affected. Even WOW newsletters come through as attachments labelled "Text Item" which I have to save as html and re-open.

Perhaps I should have pointed out that my internet mail connection is via Lotus cc:Mail which is the corporate system. I am part of a small Exchange 2000 pilot. Could this be the cause - although I receive internal html attachments OK?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

the lotus conector is probably munging the code. i know occassionally i get some newsletters in 2 parts, usually a paragraph or two in one and the rest in a second message. Exchange 2000 does it for some reason.

Do you know if any content scanner, sunch as GFI mail essentials is running on the server? that particular one will cause similar munging on Ex2000, but in my experience, it's not always, just sometimes.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

There is no content manager running on the server, as far as I know. Don't know if code is being munged as, when I save it with an htm extension and open via Explorer, all is OK. I will try sending a html message afrom home via OL Express and see what happens.