New Lounger
    Thanks

Report error appears for only one user....?

Would anyone have an idea why a report in a networked application (NT 4.0 using Access 97SR2) would work fine for one user, yet give an error message to a second user?

I copied that particular app down to my pc.....and the report works fine......i tried compacting/repair of the database and copied it back up to the server....user still gets error msg when trying to run the report and if error msg box is closed, the report opens in preview mode (as it should ) with it's result based on the parameter that was entered (by me for testing!)......

This is puzzling....since no changes have been made to the program in months and report was working fine.

?

Rosanne

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Report error appears for only one user....?

What's the error message ?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Report error appears for only one user....?

Brian,

Error was "error has occured. Please try again." Which was trapped by my error code in the OnOpen event of the report.

As I dug further today for an explanation to this problem, I found out that this particular user had a printer installed and connected to her pc but shared so that the other users have access to it....and in order for the printer to work her pc has to be on.....her pc is the only one in the office that cannot print the reports.

So I suspect it has to do with this printer installation....somehow.

Thank you for your interest in my problem! Ever come across this before?