New Lounger
    Thanks

vCal/Outlook/PocketPC Appointment Times (Outlook 2

My hockey league publishes our schedule in vCal format so it can be imported into Outlook or any other compatible calendar. The vCal schedule is created on the fly by the website for each team or the full league depending on what you want. The import into Outook goes fine, but when I sync my PocketPC with Outlook all of the games show up as full day events the day after the actual game. I wrote to the guy doing the website, but he says its just a "standard vCal" format and he wasn't able to track anything down regarding this being a common issue. Has anyone seen something like this? I've attached one of the vCal files in case it will help.

Thanks for the help,
    -Steve

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: vCal/Outlook/PocketPC Appointment Times (Outlo

This is a bit of a guess, but maybe your Pocket PC is more comfortable with the iCal than the vCal format. Both formats are easily viewable in a text editor - such as Notepad.

vCal (as per your attachment) has the Reminder Time (in Date/Time format - 24 hours before the Start Time in every case) as a field between the Start and End Times.

iCal, OTOH, has the End Time immediately after the Start Time. The Reminder Time is a separate set of fields and is recorded as time offset from the Start Time (similar to Outlook's native format). If it turns out that transforming the Reminder Time format cures the problem, then maybe some code can be set up to automate the transformation.

Perhaps another Lounger has a more authoritative solution.

HTH
    Gre

Thanks

I just don't understand how it can be correct in Outlook, but then not sync correctly. Can you find anything wrong with the Outlook appointment, compared with other appointments, that could explain the difference?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Nothing appears to be out of the ordinary to me. It looks like any of a hundered other calendar entries.

One thing that's new info for me though... I didn't realize there was a reminder set in the vCal file. None of the Outlook entries actually have a reminder set. Maybe if I hose the reminder line in the vCal file and re-import it, things will work differently. I left my PocketPC at home today, so i'll have to try that later.

-Steve

New Lounger
    Thanks

I downloaded a new version of the schedule, but this time I selected "no reminder" from the options presented. Synchronizing this version works fine, so there must have been something about the reminder line "DALARM:20051015T233000Z". The vCal format sample I found does not have the Z at the end of the DALARM line. Anyone know what that is? It's also on the DTSTART and DTEND lines in both the version of the file that worked and the one that didn't.

-Steve