Star Lounger
    Thanks

Address Book not displaying addresses (2003)

Good afternoon everyone. I wonder if anyone can help with a strange problem. One of our users when they try to call up an address out of the contacts book can only see addresses that have email addresses in Contacts. We found a solution on the Microsoft knowledge base that mentioned something about an IMO mode and it required a registry setting change. However this didn't work. I just wondered if anyone has had a similar experience. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Thanks

Re: Address Book not displaying addresses (2003)

IMO mode is a feature in Outlook 2000 which no longer exists in Outlook 2003.

I think that you can customize Word's address book to filter the Contacts that are shown, but I believe that this would require that someone wrote a macro overriding the default AddressBook command. You can block customizations by starting Word with

Start menu>Run..., winword.exe /a

if that doesn't fix it, perhaps there is a filter in place in Outlook itself??

(Or maybe there's something new in Word 2003 that I don't know about; I have XP here.)

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Address Book not displaying addresses (2003)

Thanks so much for the advice but i've spoken to my user and they have no customisations as they are not an advanced user. I will look to see if there are any 2003 filters which have maybe come into play here. Thanks again