Lounger
    Thanks

search box to display multiple records (2000)

Hi all,

I have added a name search combo box to my contacts form and a company search combo box. The name search works perfect. It pulls up the exact record based on the last name seach. The company search box is displaying "to specific". In other words, it is displaying the exact record I search on. To back up a little bit and explain...I would like to base the search results for all records matching a particular company to be displayed. However its pulling up a single record tied to the ContactID and not CompanyName.

I created the search box using the wizard and here is the code in the after update event:

Private Sub CompanySearch_AfterUpdate()
    ' Find the record that matches the control.
    Dim rs As Object

Set rs = Me.Recordset.Clone
    rs.FindFirst "[ContactID] = " & Str(Nz(Me![CompanySearch], 0))
    If Not rs.EOF Then Me.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark
    End Sub

Im thinking it involves a wild character in there somewhere but not sure where...or if... Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: search box to display multiple records (2000)

Are there several records with a different ContactID but the same CompanyName?

Lounger
    Thanks

The contactID is the primary key, so we would have 1 contact with one address/company but serveral different contacts could be listed under the same company. So if I was to look up Adaptive Ecosystems, Inc. I would see there are 5 contacts in my database with that company.

Shirley

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

In that case, ContactID should't be in the row source of the combo box, just the company name, or perhaps a company ID if there is one.

The FindFirst method used in the code makes the form jump to the first record that matches the value of the combo box. You can change the code to filter the form instead of jumping to a record:

Private Sub CompanySearch_AfterUpdate()
    Me.Filter = "[CompanyName] = " & Chr(34) & Me.CompanySearch & Chr(34)
    Me.FilterOn = True
    End Sub