New Lounger
    Thanks

Summary Report (2000)

I have a database that was created by someone else, that I know little about. They have asked me to modify a report - Print Receipt, which lists individual items purchased by a single buyer to include the total raffle and gun drawing tickets purchased by that specific buyer and then display the total amount due from that buyer . I have tried a few things, but really have no idea how to do this. Does anyone have any suggestions or examples I can use to make these modifications? I have attached a stripped down version of the database to meet the size limitations.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Summary Report (2000)

You can use the DSum function to retrieve the total amounts for gun tickets and raffle tickets for the buyer, and add those amounts to the purchase amount. See attached version.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans - that is exactly what I need. I have one more question. In order to get those totals updated (gun drawing and raffle tickets) I made 2 make table queries - one for each. Whenever I run the queries I get 2 or 3 messages asking me if I want to continue and/or is it ok to modify table data. Is there anyway to prevent these messages from being displayed? I thought I would have a mcaro that runs both update queries and then run the Print Receipts Report and I do not want the user to have to respond to those warnings/messages.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

If you look at the modified version of the report I posted, you will see that it does not use those tables, and in fact you don't need them. Access is perfectly capable of performing the necessary calculations on the fly.

But if you still want to use the Make Table queries, you can insert a SetWarnings action with argument No in the macro above the actions that open the queries, and insert a SetWarnings action with argument Yes below them.