New Lounger
    Thanks

A warning (Access 2000)

In the Format event of my report i have a warning that gives a message in case the number of any student does not correspond to the number of his or her banks.Each student has several banks.However usually i have more than one discrepancies and i get the result as a warning message for each one.I want to get only one warning message,if there is at least one discrepancy.What command can i give for that purpose ? Further, can i have a control on my form, that also gives a message in case something is wrong with the data of my report ?
    I use the following condition:
    If Me![Students] <> Me!Banks Then
    result = MsgBox("Something is wrong with the balance of the class.", vbOKOnly, "Warning")

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: A warning (Access 2000)

Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

To be able to answer your question, we'd need to know more about the stucture of your database. Could you post a stripped down copy of your database? See <post#=401925>post 401925</post#> for instructions.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the reply.It took me a long time to demolish the database by stripping it.It was difficult but i have done something that may give an idea what is wrong with the report.Actually the fields students and banks are not in a table but on a query,but i have made it simpler to be more easier.So in a nutshell: the number of the students should be equal to the number of the banks.If something is wrong, then " the bell shall ring".In my example what is wrong is : position 2 and position 5.The problem is that the message does appear not only once, but several times depending on the number of the wrong positions.How can i make it appear only once ,to say that there is some error, but not to specify whch one ? Also,is it possible that my control on the form turns to red if something is wrong with the report ? Am i aksing for the impossible, since the form is unbound ?

Shokarov

Super Moderator
    Thanks

The detail_format event fires for each record, so you get mutliple message boxes.

Instead declare a boolean (yes/no) variable , set it to false when the report opens.

In the detail-format event set it to true if the students <. blanks.

In the report footer, check whether the variable is true, and if it is show the message box.

Option Compare Database
    Option Explicit
    Dim blsomethingwrong As Boolean
    Private Sub Detail_Format(Cancel As Integer, FormatCount As Integer)
    Dim result As String
    If Me![Students] <> Me!Banks Then
    blsomethingwrong = True
    End If
    End Sub
    Private Sub Report_Open(Cancel As Integer)
    blsomethingwrong = False
    End Sub
    Private Sub ReportFooter_Format(Cancel As Integer, FormatCount As Integer)
    If blsomethingwrong = True Then
    MsgBox "Something is wrong with the balance of the class.", vbOKOnly, "Warning"

End If
    End Sub
    Regards
    John

New Lounger
    Thanks

Wonderful.I have copied ll your reccomendations into my report and now it gives only one message.You have not only corrrected my mistake but also explained to me why it happened.I am very grateful for that

Shokarov