2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hyperlink security (Office 2003)

Hi all

Got a query with a hyperlink - I have a hyperlink in Excel, which links to a Word Document. The Word document should run code on open but I am finding that when clicking on the link I am receiving a security prompt, which on clicking "Yes" takes me to the Word document without the code running. I have a feeling that the hyperlink is impacting the code. Has anyone come across this?

Many thanks
    Jack

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Hyperlink security (Office 2003)

I have Office XP (2002). Automatic macros run without a problem in documents opened through a hyperlink.
    Have you tested on a very simple workbook and document (for example with only Beep in the Document_Open event procedure)?

Thanks

This sounds similar to the issues that arise when you launch a Word document from a web page. We had some lengthy threads on Sharepoint, the portal server, which does exactly that, and what methods were tried to get the auto macros or event procedures to run. I can't remember whether it was solved, but you could try searching for those.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Hans

Have tested the "Document Open" function and it works correctly, so I now know that code will run through a hyperlink. So the issue I have stems from the template I have created. I need to investigate further and then send update the post.

Regards
    Jack