2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Internet Explorer Script Error (OE 6.0)

When I try to send a page from work to home I receive: "An error has occured in the script on this page" Do you want to continue running scripts on this page? Yes or No...
    I also get:
    Line: 29
    Char: 1
    Error: Object expected
    Code: 0
    URL: mhtml:mid://00000013/

What does it mean and how can I avoid this continuous popup box in the future???

Thanks,

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Internet Explorer Script Error (OE 6.0)

What do you mean by 'sending a page'? A web page?

If you do mean a web page, when you send anything by email you basically uproot it from its environment and break its connections to everything it's attached to; so any links, scripts etc that refer to other pages no longer work (unless the full web address is given as the link). Net effect is your page can no longer work properly and you get errors.

If you want to send yourself some information you've found on the web your best bet is to send a link so that you can then follow the link from home and see the same page still in its own niche and therefore with all links, scripts etc working as the author intended.

Either copy the contents of the address field to an email, or click on File, Send, Link by Email.

HTH
    Beryl M

Thanks

Re: Internet Explorer Script Error (OE 6.0)

That URL hints at something else: When you save a web page as a Web Archive (.mht format), IE encodes all of the linked files along with the HTML pages into a single file which has an internal format similar to an e-mail message. When you open the MHT file for viewing in IE, IE creates a temporary directory and decodes the MHT file there and then opens the HTML portion with links into that temp folder. If you are creating the email from this archive by first opening in IE and then using Send to, Outlook probably is not properly capturing all of the details. Try instead to drag and drop the original MHT file into a blank message so that it is sent as an attachment.