New Lounger
    Thanks

One field in Columns in one Row... (MS Access 2000

Huge screenshot cropped to 640x480 by HansV. Please don't post such large images.

I'm creating a report that needs to have all the values in a field in the same row (PART_NO). I created a report (that includes fields PROGRAM, MODEL) and a SubReport (with field PART_NO)and formated the Columns to show 6 columns (of the same field). All the field are inthe same table. The Subreport it is located in the Program Footer, the Top of the report it is in the Page Header and the bottom of the report it is in the PAge Footer. The report shows what I want but it left an space (like 1 inch) between the row and the bottom part of the report that I want to display. I also need to show a Label "Part No:", but because of the size of the column it shows only a part of it....

How can I do this?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: One field in Columns in one Row... (MS Access 2000

The page footer always displays, as the name indicates, at the foot of the page. If you want something to be displayed immediately after the data, put it in the report footer instead of the page footer.

Reduce the font size if the part no is too long.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: One field in Columns in one Row... (MS Access

I already change the size of the font, move the lower part to the program Footer and the space stay there. Also if I add another label next to the Subreport it is not shown in the report if I put it before the subreport it shows just part of the label and none of the subreport.....

I'm attaching a RAR file (Compressed file),but because it didn't allow me to uploaded with RAR extention I changed the extention to GZ (please just change the gz to rar), maybe you can see something weird. I'm using the form to select the Program and from there select the Preview CDCR Button.

Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Could you please post a .zip file, that's what almost everybody can open. I don't have WinRar and don't plan on installing it.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry for the inconvenience. The Zip file I created it is 137 KB and doesn't allow me to upload it.
    Also tried to create a GZ file and it is the same size (137 KB)....
    I have deleted all the Tables, querys and reports not needed in the Database when I Zip it , that is the smallest size of the Zip file it can be.
    How can I upload it?

:-(

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Try saving the database in Access 97 format (Tools | Database Utilities | Convert Database | To Prior Access Database Version...) before zipping it. (Also see See <post#=401925>post 401925</post#> for instructions.)

New Lounger
    Thanks

I have tried everything mentioned in the post , with the conversion to Access 97 the problem was worst the size of the file was 154 KB....

Thanks anyway....

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Does the attached version do what you want?
    - I set the number of columns of the main report to 1./he column width to be the same as that of the Detail section.
    - I added a dummy group footer.
    Note: I replaced the OLE objects with a label and two rectangles to reduce the size - the zip file is now 16 KB!

New Lounger
    Thanks

It works!!!
    I didn't remember I added the OLE Objects.
    What it is the benefit of using Dummy groups? This question is to know when I can use it.

Thanks for all your help!!!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You can use a dummy group if you want to have a space in a report that acts like a group header or footer, i.e. it comes immediately before or after other sections. You wanted the part with the Word object to come immediately after the section with the subreport. The page footer isn't suitable for that, so I created a dummy group.