glensmith

Mapping Network Drive in Win2000

Using NT, I used to be able to map a network drive to a shared folder on my own machine. When I wasn't on the network I could still access the mapped drive (Because it was mapped to a shared folder on my own machine). I need to do this for data management reasons. In Win2000 I can no longer do this - Any Ideas what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Re: Mapping Network Drive in Win2000

Just tried it here with no problem (SP2) but I have remained on the network.

Are you saying you can map OK when you are on the network, but not see the drive as mapped when you're not?

I'm also an administrator, this may make a difference but I can't think why.

I assume you are mapping through explorer and selecting 'Reconnect at logon'?

glensmith

Yes, whilever I remain on the network, it is fine, but I need to work remotelly and still see this mapped drive. Yes I have administrator access, and I did tick Reconnect at Login.

If you try unplugging your network cable, it drops the mapped drive straight away.

Its got me stumped.

Glen

glensmith

Sorted It

Partition Magic - absolutely splendid. It did take a while, but I have added 5 new drive partition (Each very small) and placed a shortcut in each to the data files)