5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Wonky popups (XP Pro SP2)

I use Sygate Personal Firewall Pro and I've noticed that the popup messages it occasionally gives are totally illegible. The font looks like it has been melted. Ordinary Windows XP pop-ups are OK but I'm guesing this is Windows related rather than program related. Are there any steps I can take to sort this problem out?

Thanks,

Chris (Hunt)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

Re: Wonky popups (XP Pro SP2)

Have you checked the Sygate forums? What makes you think this is a Windows issue rather than Sygate? If it is a Windows issue do you notice it with other software?

Joe
    Joe

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Joe,

I thought I had seen it with another application but I checked at the Sygate forums as you advised and there is a problem with the pop-up display when using support for East Asian fonts and Japanese unicode is selected. I guess I'll have to live with it although now Symantec have taken over Sygate I'm wondering if I should be looking for another firewall.

Cheers,

Chris

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

Chris,

If it really bugs you, then look for another product. I doubt there will be much done to the Sygate Personal products from this point on. I'm sure you'll be encouraged to 'upgrade' to some Symantec product. I'm not a Symantec fan so I'll not encourage you to take their offer. If you have a subscription with Sygate you could just ride it out until the renewal time is close. Then look for something different.

Joe
    Joe