New Lounger
    Thanks

Data File Management for Multiple Email Accounts (2003)

I'd like to set up each of my email accounts with its own set of folders. I created a new .pst, but it only has a delete folder and a search option.

How do I get all the folders?

How do I associate one email account with each .pst folder?

Thank you for the help!

Thanks

Re: Data File Management for Multiple Email Accoun

Only the "main" PST has all the special folders. If you want separate "main" PSTs for each account, you can create separate profiles and when you logoff and logon, have Outlook display a "choose profile" dialog.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Data File Management for Multiple Email Accoun

Until recently, I had all my accounts deliver to one PST, but that got rather big and so I have just set up a number of different PST files (stored in client folders on my PC where I can back them up, rather than in Microsoft's default area). As Jefferson said, you can't have "special" folders in multiple PST files, and email is always delivered to the Inbox, but I have a set of Rules to move messages from the inbox to the relevant PST.

Generally, I do this by using categories in messages I send (and setting up message templates is great for this) and by assigning categories to and then moving email coming in from particular accounts / people. It works well for me, although with multiple PST files you do need to have multiple "search folders" to keep track of new mail that may be off the bottom of the folders window.

Regards,

Stuart