2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Copy macro to new document or template (2000)

We would like to be able to copy the toolbars and macros from one custom template to another document (or template), then make that document available on the network complete with toolbars and associated macros. However, when we attempt to do just that via the Organizer, the original template macro list shows up blank. But, when I check Tools, Macro and change the "Macros in" setting to the original template's name, there is an extensive list of macros. We have had no problems copying the toolbar from the original template - we just can't seem to get to the macros.

I know I am probably missing the obvious. Can someone help me out?

Thanks,
    Stephanie

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Copy macro to new document or template (2000)

The Organizer doesn't list individual macros, only modules, i.e. containers for macros.
    If, however, the Organizer doesn't list anything at all, they may be stored in another template than you think. Have you made sure that you are displaying items from the correct template in the Organizer? By default, it shows items from Normal.dot.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I did isolate - via Tools, Macro, Macros, Macros in - only those macros that were unique to the template in question.

Also, since my original post, I went into Visual Basic Editor and tried to open the TemplateProject for that template. I was prompted for a password. (The template is part of a product we purchased from a third party vendor. We are trying to tweak the templates so that they are more user friendly). Do the macros modules not show up because of this security?

Thanks, Hans.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

If the VBA project has been protected with a password, you cannot copy the macros to another template unless you know the password. You should contact the vendor to see if they are willing to cooperate.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you.