Star Lounger
    Thanks

Win95 station not seeing network printer

Hello

At a local non-profit organisation, we have a windows NT4 server with mainly windows XP work stations except for one of them which is still win95 (no more money available to change this particular computer)

I was finally able to make the win95 station see the directories on the server but it still can't connect to the printer on one of the work stations.

Other XP stations are able to see the printer but this win95 can't see it.

The printer is attached to one of the work stations which is set to share printers and files.

Can anyone help me out here ?

Thanks in advance.

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Win95 station not seeing network printer

Hi,
    I do not have a specific answer, but maybe I can point you to some resources that may help. On World of Windows Networking there a several articles about Windows 95 and connections to other OS's.

If you look at the Windows 95/98/ME section you will find articles and tutorials.

There are for example tutorials for Networking between WindowsXP and Windows95/98/ME and Network Printing.

I had some use of their articles once when using Direct-Cable Connection Win95 - WinXP.

Regards,
    Argus

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Win95 station not seeing network printer

When we were phasing out the old PCs here at work, we had the same problem. Any printer that had more than 8 characters in its name or a space in the name of the printer did not show on the network for the PC with 95 or 98. Print out a test page of the printer, get the IP address or name for the printer, and see if you can install it using that information. Put the name or IP in the space I show in the attachment.
    Attached Images Attached Images