Results 1 to 2 of 2
2001-06-20, 18:31 #1graemesmithGuest
Windows displays squares in place of text
Win 98SE and Word Offce 97 are guilty parties but behaviour is also exhibited in IE5.5.
In place of text I often get little squares though the item prints correctly. Appeared to happen after reading someone elses' Word Document sent as an email attachment. Tried so far:
- Ran up to date anti-virus software - nothing found
- Delete and re-install all fonts.
- Delete and recreate normal.dot template for Word
- Checked no references to CodePage in autoexec.bat that might be forcing a difference codeset from the Windows setting - not an issue.
- Updated video drivers and reduced screen colors per MS KB article!
Still have the problem.
Thought I had read about this in WOW at one point but can't find in that KB.
Any ideas? TIA
2001-06-20, 19:54 #2
- Join Date
- Dec 2000
- Renton, Washington, USA
- Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Re: Windows displays squares in place of text
See <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=off&Number=47370&page=0&vie w=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&part=> for cross post information</A>
Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.