2001-06-20, 17:31 #1graemesmithGuest
Windows displays squares in place of text
Win 98SE and Word Offce 97 are guilty parties but behaviour is also exhibited in IE5.5.
In place of text I often get little squares though the item prints correctly. Appeared to happen after reading someone elses' Word Document sent as an email attachment. Tried so far:
- Ran up to date anti-virus software - nothing found
- Delete and re-install all fonts.
- Delete and recreate normal.dot template for Word
- Checked no references to CodePage in autoexec.bat that might be forcing a difference codeset from the Windows setting - not an issue.
- Updated video drivers and reduced screen colors per MS KB article!
Still have the problem.
Thought I had read about this in WOW at one point but can't find in that KB.
Any ideas? TIA
Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!
+ Get this BONUS — free!
Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!
2001-06-20, 18:54 #2
- Join Date
- Dec 2000
- Renton, Washington, USA
- Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Re: Windows displays squares in place of text
See <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=off&Number=47370&page=0&vie w=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&part=> for cross post information</A>
Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.