New Lounger
    Thanks

HTML formatting (2003)

When I paste something in HTML into an new email (HTML format), the format comes through--for some recipients--looking like plain text. I do not have Word 2003, so I am not using Word to create emails; I'm using Outlook.

Help, please? Thank you!

Thanks

Re: HTML formatting (2003)

It is possible to set a particular recipient format to always be plain text. If these particular recipients always get plain text, then that would be the prime suspect. If it affects only material pasted from another HTML source, then I can't think of any reason for it to be treated specially.

New Lounger
    Thanks

We haven't set anyone to any type of format for receiving at all. I assume it's all defaulted to the same formatting.

So still no explanation why some are receiving it as HTML and others as plain text.

Anyone else??? Thank you.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Do the recipients have their Tools|Options|Email Options "Read all standard mail in plain text" toggled on? If so, they will always be reading mail in plain text, regardless of whether it was sent in HTML format or not. (unless they have the option turned on to read only digitally signed mail as HTML).

Mark