Thread: Scheduled Task

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Scheduled Task

I'm trying to schedule an Access macro to run early in the morning. I'm using the following RUN line.

"C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOfficeMSAccess.exe" "C:AccessMyDatabase.mdb" /x "MyMacro"

It seems to work fine in Windows XP but I can't seem to get it to work in Windows 2000. Does anyone have any relatively simple suggestions? I'm a rookie so go easy on me.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Scheduled Task

Note for others reading this: this is a follow-up to the thread starting at <post#=529,925>post 529,925</post: > in the Access forum. A scheduled task with such a command line works fine for me in Windows XP, so I suggested to post it here too, in the hope that someone will have a Windows 2000 specific suggestion.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Try to put your command line into BAT file (text file with .bat extension) and point Scheduler to this file.

But first check does BAT file work and can it be run from Scheduler. Recently I encounter a strange problem with Scheduler: scheduled task doesn't run on the server because... different screen resolution on the server and the one required by application!

Another thing: according to KB209207 you don't need to put double quotes around macro name - try (...) /x My Macro

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I overcame this problem by attaching the macro to the on_open event. Add a line to the macro .. if time < 8.00am (or whatever) run macro - this stops it running if you open the db later.
    You then schedule the db file to open just before the set time.
    There may be a better way but this was all I could think of - and it worked.