3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

SQL Reporting Services Forum

I know that in the past, requests for a SQL Reporting Service forum have not been well received because of the "numerous sources out there." However numerous the sources may be, when it comes to the nuances of SQL Reporting Services, I've felt that I've had to translate from "Microsoftese" (apparently a specialized dialect of Klingon), to English and I haven't always been successful. I spent over a week trying to find a replacement for a running total and I just happened upon the magic keyword yesterday. Sure, I think I know how to do it now, but it's not like the excellent help I get here for Access and other things that makes my job so much easier to do

If this isn't possible (or practical), if I have a question on SQL Reporting Services, which section should I use to ask my question?
    Carpy Diem, it's .

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: SQL Reporting Services Forum

The number of SQL Server related questions is too limited to warrant a separate board. You could ask in the Access forum, but don't get your hopes up too high.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

You could also try the Servers forum. There have been SQL server posts there.

Joe
    Joe

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

SQL Reporting is a hard product to place in our current group of forums. It probably isn't appropriate for Access, although that's where the majorty of report-savvy users will spend their time. It could go to the .NET board since it's tightly integrated with the .NET technologies, the Web board since it's web-based, or the Servers board since it's a server product.

I would think the servers board would be the best place to start.