New Lounger
    Thanks

Routing Recipient (Office PE 2003 - Word)

Can you help? - I have created a word file and added a routing slip, standard route, standard blurb in the Subject and Message.

I need the form to route to each recipient in the list and update the user of this form as it moves from recipient to recipient. All seems to work fine, however, the form always uses my name in the from box regardless of who opens the form - so I get the status updates and not the person who has opened and used the form??

Is there a way of replacing my name (that appears to be the default) with the actual user who has selected the form to use? without deleting all the route slip details or forcing the user to create a new form each time?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Routing Recipient (Office PE 2003 - Word)

I think you'll have to remove the routing slip, and create it when it is needed. It will then have the current user as sender. The routing slip can be created in code, if desired - look up RoutingSlip in the Word VBA help.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Routing Recipient (Office PE 2003 - Word)

Bril - A little bit of a pain that Word cannot recognise who is sending the file, but your suggestion of using code to create the slip again will give me more control over many other areas. Clearing the slip and creating automatically ensures that the correct sender is selected - I can select the correct route and send it without the user getting involved.

Great help and many thanks