2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook send (2003 SP2)

I have my Outlook set up on a delayed send -- just to prevent messages being sent inadvertently (I do a lot of dictating of e-mail). If after clicking send I decide to go into the outbox to edit the message (and click send again) before it is sent, outlook will not process that message. It will sit in the outbox folder until I move it to the inbox, double click on it to open it up, and then click on send again. This seems awfully strange to me. I don't think outlook is supposed to behave in this manner.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook send (2003 SP2)

>I don't think outlook is supposed to behave in this manner.

Outlook has indeed behaved like this (for me) for quite some time (if not since Outlook 98). AFAIK there should be no problem in opening the message while it is still in the Outbox and clicking on Send while it is still there.

To me, it seems like this is by design - as the disabling of the Send status allows multiple edits to be done before the message is refinalised.

HTH
    Gre

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

>To me, it seems like this is by design - as the disabling of the Send status allows multiple edits to be done before the message is refinalised.

Do you mean that Microsoft specifically designed it such that the user has to remove the message from the outbox to some other folder, open up a message in order to click send? That seems awfully strange to me.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

To repeat:

AFAIK there should be no problem in opening the message while it is still in the Outbox and clicking on Send while it is still there. My experience has been that it then goes on the next send/receive.

HTH
    Gre

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

No, actually this is where the failure occurs. If I try to do that, the message will sit there and will not send even if I click send/receive on the toolbar. The only way to get the message to send is to move it out of the outbox into another folder, open it up, click on send, and then it will go back into the outbox and Outlook will send it properly.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

It has been some time since I had this problem, but the message always used to be able to be re-opened up in the Outbox. At which point, the Sned could take place successfully. YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary).
    Gre

Super Moderator
    Thanks

I think the BEST method would be to save as a "Draft" until ready to send. This is the "as designed" way of doing it.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.