3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Ghost Templates? (Word XP)

Hi, all. I have just noticed the most bizarre thing when opening a Word document.

In trying to trouble-shoot other problems we're having, I disconnected the network share that contains the folder specified in the "File Locations: Workgroup Templates" setting under "Tools: Options." I also made sure that the template to which these documents are attached are NOT present anywhere on my hard-drive. Yet (and here comes the bizarre part), when I open documents, I can see the custom toolbar that lives in the (ostensibly) missing template appear briefly and then go away, as if the template were briefly loaded! After that, I look in "Templates and add-ins..." and find that it's pointing at Normal (as opposed to the original template), and I check the References in the Visual Basic editor, and it, too, lists "Normal" (albeit in my "My Documents" folder!) I know that if I re-map to our Group Templates share, it will "find" the original again, which is to be expected. But is there some weird persistence thing going on when, by all accounts, the template is nowhere to be found??

Does anyone have any clue about what might be going on?
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">That's what you do in a herd; you look out for each other!</font face=comic> - Mike

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Ghost Templates? (Word XP)

Might it be lurking somewhere in the Normal.dot? You could try quitting word, doing a search for Normal.dot and deleting it, firing up word again and see what happens? Other than that, no idea.

Who ya gonna call?