I need to pares these into the following cells:
    Salutation, First Name, Maiden Name, Last Name
    Can anyone suggest a way to do this?

Thanks,
    Michele

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Parsing (2003)

See if you can adapt the attachment in <post:=398,030>post 398,030</post:> to do what you want.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Parsing (2003)

The problem with your list of names is that you don't know what the salutation is, and you don't know whether there is a maiden name or not.

One possible solution is attached. It needs a few extra columns to be used. Here's how it works:

First off, I've defined a list of possible salutations. Note that you can list them individually. Then, I have created an array formula to get the positions in the string of the last found salutation. YOu need to be careful how you define the salutations, though, as "Dr" (for example) would be found in Dr Dolittle, but also in Mr Drew Smith. You would need to define "Dr." and make sure there was a period in the abbreviation, too. After that, it is a simple case of using FIND to check for spaces. I have assumed that the Maiden Name is the middle one where is exists.

This is OK as a basic routine. It has potential to fall down in certain circumstances, though, so you may need to refine it. Hope it helps as a starter, though.

Regards,

Stuart