Thanks

background Music (MSO 2003)

I just received an e-mail with built in sound. I believe it was sent out of Outlook Express.

If I want to forward this, I want first to clean up all the vertical sidelines that OE adds to forwarded mail. Also, I want to include the music that was "built in" to the message.

I have found how to clean up the visuals, removing the lines etc., but the music disappears as well.

How can I either clean it without removing the music, OR, find the file so that I can re-construct the e-mail?

Regards,
    Chuck Billow
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

Thanks

Re: background Music (MSO 2003)

Is adding lines and indentations on forwards not an option you can select like in previous versions? If so, just deselct them.

Thanks

Leif:

AAMOF, the vertical lines that depict "original text" in Outlook Express are neither available for turn on or off in Outlook, and more to the point, once they are in there, they are built somehow into the stationary so that they can't just be deleted.

Regards,
    Chuck
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

Thanks

Sorry - I've misunderstood what you were asking. I thought you were trying to prevent the lines being added.

No idea. The easiest thing would be to ask the person who sent it to you to forward it to you as an attachment or without the lines being added. Or you could try saving it and editing it with an HTML editor.

Thanks

Leif:

Yea, that's what I figured too...

I've always thought that that particular item, seeing as how it is such a small thing, and seeing as how closely intertwined OE and Outlook are, that control of that from Outlook was never figured in. Seeing as how so many people use OE and it is the default stationary (?) on replies...

Oh well...

Thanks,
    Chuck

Thanks

>>> ...seeing as how closely intertwined OE and Outlook are...
    Are they? (If OE and Outlook are that closely intertwined, are you sure the adding of lines can not be turned off in OE?)

>>> ...that control of that from Outlook...
    You've lost me again - control of what?

>>> Seeing as how so many people use OE and it is the default stationary (?) on replies...
    I'm not sure I follow where stationery fits in. I always assumed that the OPTION to add indentations and lines was a formatting issue - when the message is opened for forwarding, the spacing and lines are added. You've already said you can edit out the lines using Outlook, so how can it be part of the stationery?

(Personally I feel that there should be a law against embedding sounds in emails...)

Thanks

Leif:

>>
    >>> ...seeing as how closely intertwined OE and Outlook are...
    Are they? (If OE and Outlook are that closely intertwined, are you sure the adding of lines can not be turned off in OE?)
    <<

They may NOT be related, but then how come I can't run Outlook without OE? And, as of checking 10 minutes ago (again), no, you can neither turn it off in OE, nor turn it on in Outlook.

>>
    >>> ...that control of that from Outlook...
    You've lost me again - control of what?
    <<

I just would have thought that since MS has made such an issue of it being part of OE, if I'm used to it, I'll miss it when I come over to Outlook. And how hard would adding it (to turn on and off) in fact have been?

>>
    >>> Seeing as how so many people use OE and it is the default stationary (?) on replies...
    I'm not sure I follow where stationery fits in. I always assumed that the OPTION to add indentations and lines was a formatting issue - when the message is opened for forwarding, the spacing and lines are added. You've already said you can edit out the lines using Outlook, so how can it be part of the stationery?
    <<

Strangely there is no way to replicate the solid vertical line you have in OE's reply format. Maybe it's not a stationary thing, I dunno.

>>
    (Personally I feel that there should be a law against embedding sounds in emails...)
    <<

Usually I never add music either... this one just came across my desk, and I wanted to forward it on. But I wanted to clean it up in the process. Hence the vertical line/music issues.

Ah me...

Thanks anywho,
    Chuck

Thanks

We had a thread once where either JohnBF or I or both of us posted code to "un-indent" forwarded messages. If you run that, does it remove the left borders in the process?

Thanks

Jefferson:

Holy Moley... you're right! I didn't look for the code, but I have a little "thingy" called "G-Man" (freeware, but I can't find it anywhere today... others available, but this was/is the most unobtrusive) where you select the copy, copy it to your clipboard, run it and re-paste it, and the ">"'s are gone...

I just ran that on a message from OE that had the verticals on reply, and it removes them as well! It also removes formatting such as fonts etc., but that's OK by me...

Thanks so much for that point in the right direction. Now all I got to do is find how to replicate the music if someone has it as "background"...

Regards,
    Chuck