New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook Express (6)

How do I send an email to many recepients, but when they receive it, all they see is their own name? THANKS.

Thanks

Re: Outlook Express (6)

Go into Outlook Express>create messages>tools>Select recipients.

Select your first address, click TO, then on all following addresses select and then click BCC ( blind carbon copy )
    keep on until you are done selecting them. Click OK
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

Thanks

Bob's suggestion will allow one recipient to see their own name, but everyone else will also see just that one name.

Is that what you want? If you want to send multiple emails and each person has only their own name in the To: field, you will need to create multiple emails and send them individually, using list mail software or perhaps Mail Merge with Word.

Edited to add:
    The alternative would be to put everyone in the BCC field, and yourself in the To: field, then everyone receives exactly the same. You can create an address book entry for yourself with a name like "My List" or whatever which would appear as the To: recipient.

New Lounger
    Thanks

I want to send multiple emails and each person has only their own name in the To: field. So, what would the "list mail serve" or Word's Mail Merge do for me? I'm not familiar with that.

Thanks

List mail server software involves using something like Listserv or MDaemon which may be over the top for what you need.

Mail merge techniques are outlined in
    MSKB 270623: OLEXP: How to Use the Outlook Express Address Book in a Mail Merge Procedure
    and
    MSKB 212329: How to use mail merge to create a form letter in Word 2000 as an example.

How many emails do you want to send out?