Thanks

On This Machine Only (MSO 2003)

Guys:

I know I've talked about this before (to death), but I cannot help myself. Maybe I'm just brain-dead, and totally missing what you've been telling me, so please, excuse and bear with me.

I'm sitting here with new mail. I want to set up a rule that says "If @me.com is in the From, then move to Folder_A, and stop processing.

Simple right?

Well, I do that, and, at the last step, I set it to run automatically... but it does not.

Then, I go to the "Run Rules NOW", and it ain't even there!

So... I go back to the rule, and, sure enough, the "On". I turn it off, and then the rule appears on the "Run" list.

I just now tried it, watching, and sure enough, the "On this..." was turned on by the Outlook troll.

How do I stop this?

I'm not sure at this point that I'm clear on why it's even there, but I don't need or want it, and certainly not ON.

Any help out there?

Regards,
    Chuck Billow
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

Thanks

Re: On This Machine Only (MSO 2003)

Thanks

Re: On This Machine Only (MSO 2003)

Leif:

Again I feel befuddled... the experts don't even know...

The first link "MSKB 886616: Some rules are disabled, and you receive an error message when you try to enable them after you upgrade to Outlook 2003" didn't apply, because it dealt with Exchange server issues, which don't apply.

In the second link, however, it states:

This Machine Only Rule

When you create a rule in Outlook 2003, it's often marked 'For this machine only' this means the rule is a client side rule and will only run on the machine it was created on. This prevents rules from being automatically disabled when the rule fails after opening an Exchange mailbox from another computer.

Since POP3 and IMAP rules are client side only and not stored in the mailbox online, this setting won
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"