Star Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook Out of Office message ( 2003 SP1)

Is there a way to restrict the Out of Office message in Outlook to internal (i.e., at work) email addresses? At work I get lots of traffic from technical email lists in the outside world. I want to keep getting that traffic while I am away without sending them the Out of Office message. How would you tackle this? Thanks!

ggeinec

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook Out of Office message ( 2003 SP1)

This is a setting on the Exchange Server, not something the end user can change. The default setting is to send Out-of-Office messages only to internal addresses, but the Exchange administrator can change this. See How to enable Out-of-Office replies to the Internet in Exchange 2000 Server.
    You could talk to your Exchange admin about this. Otherwise, you'd have to set a rule instead of using the Out of Office wizard.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, HansV, for the quick response. I will check with our Exchange administrator to see what the setting is. I glanced at setting rules but I didn't see anything that allowed me to distinguish between outside and inside mail.

ggeinec

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

> I didn't see anything that allowed me to distinguish between outside and inside mail.

You'd have to look at the sender address.