Silver Lounger
    Thanks

AutoExec (VBA/Word/2003)

I have a Word template project (named Macros.dot), that resides on a server. The users have a shortcut in their Word Startup folder which links to Macros.dot.
    Macros.dot contains a standard module named AutoExec which contains the following procedure <pre>Sub Main()
    Call HansBar
    If Not Application.UserName = "W.D. Wells" Then
    Call workgroupPath.Main
    End If
    Call Startup_msg
    End Sub</pre>

Until recently the users were all running Office 2000, and the above code ran each time the user launched Word. Currently, some of the users have been upgraded to Office 2003. When some, and perhaps all of the 2003 users launch Word, the code does not run. It does not produce errors, it just gives no indication of having run. I currently cannot get direct access to a 2003 environment; however:
    <UL><LI>Through conversation with one of the affected users, I am convinced that the Security level is set to Medium
    <LI> I have searched all called procedures and can find no "End" statements.
    <LI> Both the 2000 and 2003 versions had the shortcut placed in the Startup folder by the same code, which determines the folder, using the statement "myStUpPath = Options.DefaultFilePath(Path:=wdStartupPath)".[/list] Can anyone offer insight into why this AutoExec.Main procedure might not run each time Word 2003 is launched?

TIA
    Regards
    Don

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: AutoExec (VBA/Word/2003)

Just a guess Don, but maybe the template is no longer recognized as coming from a "trusted source" in the new installations. According to MS:

"In the Security dialog box, click the Security Level tab and then select Medium. Click the Trusted Sources tab, select Trust all installed Add-ins and Templates, and then click OK."

Alan

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: AutoExec (VBA/Word/2003)

Alan
    It's going to be several days till I can check this out; But, I'd put money on your suggestion.

Thanks
    Regards
    Don