Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Personal folders (2003)

I imported a set of contacts, as a pst file, into my existing contacts. This had the expected result, but it also has resulted in the creation of a second Personal Folders folder in the All Mail Folders folder. There appears to be nothing in it and beneath it is Deleted Items and Search Folders icons. Can I just delete the second folder?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Personal folders (2003)

What happens if you right-click it and select Close Personal Folders (or something similar)?

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

I must correct myself, because there is a significant problem that I somehow lost track of when it came to posting the question. Sorry for the mistake.

When I go to My Contacts, there are two folders, Contacts and Contacts in Personal Folders. It looks as if one has merged successfully and the other may be the pst file that I imported. I have several pst files on the desktop and elsewhere on the computer that I can remove at any time, and Outlook may be looking at any of those, although it shouldn't be.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Not sure about that. You could rename the .pst files one by one (quit Outlook before doing so, and start it again after renaming) to see what happens.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Edited by HansV to provide link to post by putting [ and ] around Post: 524,015.

The problem turned out to be something that I (and apparently many others) had run into before (and I personally asked about in <post:=524,015>post 524,015</post:>). The solution is to click on File | Data file management in Outlook, from which all sorts of things are possible.
    Thanks for the help.