New Lounger
    Thanks

Enveloper 2003 (WOPR & Word 2003)

I recently bought a new HP Color Laserjet 3550 printer which feeds envelopes slightly different than the HP Laserjet 4 it replaced. When trying to change the installation setup, I get a dialog box which reads "dwNeeded for PRINTER_INFO_2 is greater than that defined!" When I finish I can print a sample envelope and it comes out just fine. However, when I try printing one of my custom envelopes, they print in the same position (left side of tray) rather than the center, which is where the new printer's envelope feed is. What do I need to do?

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Enveloper 2003 (WOPR & Word 2003)

I'm not familiar with the printer in question, but I do have some recent experience dealing with HP's product support. Twice I've had problems with my new HP 8250 photo printer, and I used the company's on-line chat support. A few minutes spent in one-on-one dialog fixed my problem both times. You should try it.

Thanks

Re: Enveloper 2003 (WOPR & Word 2003)

I've never installed the WOPR suite, so I am not familiar with how the Enveloper add-in stores its information on printers. If the printer driver is too new to have been "known about" at the time WOPR was written -- presumably two years ago now -- then an update might be required. Hopefully someone with WOPR 2003 can take a peek and see if it is obvious how these tray settings are stored...