3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

functions not functioning in access 2000 (SR

(I hope this does not turn up twice I lost the first post somewhere in the bowels of my pc!)

I have found that the =format function does not work - I get an unrecognised function message when I try to use it. I cannot use the =date() function as a default in a date field on a form (works brilliantly in a table but does not transfer when a form created) and on labels I get the word "trim" turn up all over the place - if I delete all references then it prints ok.

Does anyone have any ideas please? All these things worked OK in 97 and have not had a chance to load XP yet - am between pcs and using borrowed ones and dont; want any hassle re registration!!!!!!
    roberta

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: functions not functioning in access 2000 (SR

This sounds like the common "missing reference" problem. Go into de###### (by pressing ctl+g), and from main menu bar select Tools | References. Scan through the list, and undoubtedly you will see a reference marked missing. Deselect a reference that is checked (noting what it is), then close the box. Then open it again and mark that reference, then close the box. This should cause Access to re-establish all it's references.
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: functions not functioning in access 2000 (SR

thanks for your help.

Roberta