Star Lounger
    Thanks

Picture will not display (2003)

I have a client who has created a website using FrontPage. On one of their pages, the picture (jpg) will not display. Any ideas about what causes this problem? I find this myself as I visit different websites. The website is: http://www.orlandfire.org/index.html ; click on the link to New Employee Joins Fire Prevention Bureau.

Thanks!

Thanks

Re: Picture will not display (2003)

The picture has probably not been uploaded to the server or the link to the picture (within FrontPage) is incorrect . With Firefox, when trying to view the picture, the error message "Picture 030.jpg was not found on this server."
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

Star Lounger
    Thanks

John:

I'm assuming the pciture was saved with the FrontPage files and then the site was published to the server. is there another method that should be used to upload a picture to the server?

I'm not sure about the "link" as the picture was probably just inserted on the page, much like the other pictures in the site.

Nancy

Thanks

Publishing should copy all new or changed files that FP considers to be in the web. However, if you use Windows Explorer to copy a file into a FP web, it sometimes doesn't get listed in FP's index(es) of files. It is safer to open the image folder in FP's file manager screens (I forget the official name) and import the image from wherever it might be.

Thanks

As per Jefferson's response, check the properties of the picture on the local machine. Right click the picture, select Picture Properties, and on the General Tab, make sure that the path to the picture points to a valid folder within the site. When you publish the site, the files for local web display in the left pane, and the files on the server display in the right pane. Simply ensure that you can see the file in both locations.
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks to both of you. We'll give it a try.