Star Lounger
    Thanks

Images refresh problem (2002)

Hi all,
    On my work PC (running Win XP Pro), Word seems reluctant to display images (either inline or floating). I'll get white space until I physically resize the window by dragging an edge or a corner handle. Then the currently-visible bit displays fine, but I get white space again as soon as I scroll more into view.
    Also, graphics made up of lots of floaty bits (unfortunately I get a lot of MSs in from authors who have built their illustrations this way!) occasionally hold up the display of the document for minutes at a time while they gradually draw.
    I reckon this is probably a crap-graphics-adaptor issue or something, but would like expert opinions before I raise it to our IT department...
    Thanks in advance.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Images refresh problem (2002)

Sounds like a graphics problem. You could try decreasing hardware acceleration:
    - Activate the Display Properties control panel.
    - Activate the Settings tab.
    - Click the Advanced button.
    - Activate the Troubleshoot tab
    - Drag the Hardware Acceleration slider one or two notches to the left.
    - Click OK.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Images refresh problem (2002)

Ah, Thanks Hans: I had to drag it, er, three or four notches to the left (ha ha), but regular images are at least displaying properly now. I'll see whether this helps the draw rate for complex "compound" images next time I get sent some, but at least I'll know where to go (there's still a couple more notches to go if the need arises!)
    Thanks for the prompt resonse.