New Lounger
    Thanks

Field Codes (2003)

I am a intermediate word user and was trying to leverage some configuration management techniques in word to create some versions of a document. I would like to utilize a single document that contains all the information to create multiple documents with tailored information. I would like to do this using some of the document field properties or something of the sort.

I would like to use some type of IF variable = xx context to determine what data is shown within the document. etc. Does anyone have any ideas without the creation of seperate documents using bookmarks and linking into the master?

Thanks
    Jim

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Field Codes (2003)

You could create a custom document property, say DocumentType. You can then place fields in the document:

{ IF { DOCPROPERTY DocumentType } = 1 "This text" "That text" }

The brackets { } are field brackets. You shouldn't type them yourself, either use Insert | Field... or press Ctrl+F9.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Field Codes (2003)

Hans,

I created a DOCPROPERTY Chip and then set it to text value of Processor

then I did what you suggested with {IF {DOCPROPERTY Chip} = "Processor" "This text" "That text" }
    but all that showed up was DOCPROPERTY in a field box.

UPDATE: I forgot that the nested brackets were required to use CTRL-F9 as well. I resolved it thanks.
    Thanks,
    Jim