Lounger
    Thanks

formatting cells (2002)

I am creating a worksheet with basic numbers in it. I just want to type 4 in a cell, 3 in another cell. What's happening is after I type the number instead of it appearing as 4 or 3, it appears as 0.04 or 0.03. I have checked the formatting cells box and I have it formatted for number which shows just a 4; however, if I look at the formatting for general it is showing 0.04. I cannot get it to change. I have looked under ToolsOptions and cannot find any kind of switch or anything to get it to change. I went to a few other PCs and tried it and it is working correctly on them. However, on mine it is not formatting correctly. Can someone help. I have used Excel for many years and have never run into this before.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: formatting cells (2002)

Select Options from the Tools menu. Click on the Edit tab in the dialog box. Take the check mark from in front of the "Fixed Decimal" option.
    Legare Coleman

Lounger
    Thanks

That was it! Thank you so much. I knew it had to be some sort of setting, but I just couldn't figure it out. I don't remember turning that on. Could it have been activated by something else I did?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

VBA code could turn that on, but that is unlikely.
    Legare Coleman